Sunday, October 25, 2009

Disabled Man Battles Pythons


Photo Courtesy of Khaosod

SRISAKAET – Thrilling. A disabled man with one leg managed to beat up two, three meter long pythons. The man was in the water, floating on a car tire, checking his fishing nets when two large pythons attacked him; they wrapped around him and tightened their coils. The man used the last of his energy to bite the necks of both pythons until they let go, then used the fishing net to trap them before carrying them home. Environmentalists said that recent floods have made snakes more desperate than usual.

Chatchawan Chaophitikul, 56-years-old, a man with one leg captured two large pythons, each around three meters in length. Chatchawan tied their heads up with a rope and left them beneath his house. Both pythons were very hungry and fierce. Villagers gathered around to observe the snakes with caution.

Instead of trapping trout, the fishing net Chatchawan had left in the lake the night before caught two large pythons. He recalls his chilling experience:

“When I saw the snakes caught in the net, I immediately paddled with both my hands to get myself closer. I wanted to save them, I was scared, but I did it anyway. But though, both the snakes were extremely heavy and large and wouldn’t let me touch them. So I tried harder to grab them, and that moment they both crawled onto me real quick and tightened around me, I felt like my bones were going to crush to powder. They wrapped around me completely and I couldn’t see a thing. One bit my wrist, I tried calling for help but nobody was there. To survive, I used my last strength to bite the first snake as hard as I could, then the second, and then alternated between them. It worked. They slowly loosened their grip on me. I pushed them back into the fishing net and dragged them home.”

Writer: Adrian Tse & Chet Chetchotisak

No comments:

Post a Comment