Thursday, November 26, 2009

One-Year-Old Grilled By Stepfather

In Courtesy of Khaosod

SONGKLA – A stepfather showered his wife’s 1-year-old with fuel and lit the child on fire. The boy was reduced to ashes.

After an altercation between the culprit and his wife regarding an ex-husband, jealousy led the culprit to go out and drown himself in alcohol, before returning home late that night. He found his wife sleeping; found the child and doused him in fuel, lit a match and made a fire.

The wife woke up in shock and managed to run from the burning house. The wife’s 16-year-old sister and her 13-year-old brother suffered severe injuries from the fire.

Eight emergency fire trucks arrived at the premises to try and stop the fierce fire. The firemen took around an hour to suppress the fire and rescued the burn victims from underneath the staircase. The neighbor’s house was half burnt as well.

Warunee Kongmak, 23-years-old, the mother of the dead child said that her husband also lit furniture in the house on fire before running away. She, in panic, ran out of the house to call the police and forgot that the boy and her siblings were still stuck inside. Fortunately the siblings survived with burns to both their arms and face.

Writer: Adrian Tse & Chet Chetchotisak

No comments:

Post a Comment